Monday, May 5, 2014

Goodbye, old roof, I'm a-leavin' Cheyenne

So we discovered after getting Winnie out of storage that she leaks.  A lot more than was disclosed.  I had to take a somewhat spur of the moment trip for work, which didn't give me much time to check it out.  I still had a tub of elastomeric goo we got with the Aristocrat, so I quickly slapped it on the roof and went to North Carolina hoping for the best.  It proceeded to rain buckets while I was gone, which kept the missus busy putting buckets inside to catch drips.  We camped this past weekend, but fortunately the weather dried up in time.

Yesterday when we got home, I climbed up on the roof and started scraping.  There are about 6 layers of sealant, and none of them do their job.  Which means they all gotta go.  I think it's going to be a monumental task.  Especially since we are camping again on Memorial Day, which is only three weeks away.  Nothing like a deadline to motivate a person.





There is nice looking aluminum under there....

No comments:

Post a Comment